What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

forking filiformis?

Hey folks, I have a D.filiformis that is forking at the ends of the leaves.
Is this common?
I got it as an unknown so don't know exactly what it is.
Not all leaves are forking.
Most leaves that have forked have forked once, at least one has forked at the ends of the forks.
At least one has forked a three-way, that is into a trident.
Other than the forking it looks just like any other filiformis.
I haven't read about this anywhere.
The fellow I got it from said he has seen it before like it wasn't anything unusual.
I'm trying to get someone to take some good macro shots so I can post pix.
Someone suggested that it's a cross between D.filiformis and D.binata, but I didn't think they could cross.
Comments? ???

How do the forks looks like? Are they just little forks, or are they very noticeable? A picture would help. My old filiformis used to fork a few leaves.

So far the longest fork is about half to three quarters of an inch long.
Hopefully I'll get some photos this weekend.

Yeah, that' about how long my forks were. Dug up a photo of a fork.

SN852105.jpg

I have a Filiformis 'Florida All-red' that did that. Seems like a minor mutation

That's pretty much what mine look like.
So, nuthin' special huh?

No, I wouldn't think so...unless it does that regularly, ie on every leaf.

Looks like 2 leaves fused together. My D. multifida 'extrema' did that a week or so ago.

Jason

My California Sunsets do the same thing. They look like actual splits on mine, and not fused leaves.

Yeah, looking at mine they don't have that fused leaf look, just a normal leaf except for the split.

The leaf didn't have the little canal thing on the whole leaf. Plus, I did have some leaves without the canal thing.

Back