What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Regia media suggestions

As the title suggests, i am getting a D Regia today, or very shortly... Would anyone who has this majestic king sundew have a good mix they'd like to share with me, 50/50 peat and sand works well with every other dew I have. I'm just wondering if anyone has any other prefered mixes?

Standing in an inch of water(tray method)?
or
I bought a 'cache-pot', and I'm thinking of just making an ultra minibog out of a non perforated planter.

Do these guys propagate well through roots, cause if it's like binata, I could just as well before potting it, take a small piece of root and hope for the best ;)

Many thanks in advance to those who can answer from experience :D

Mine is in a mix of sand and peat, with a topdressing of LFS. It does best while it's outside.

Picture032-2.jpg

100% Live Sphagnum seems to be ideal for many growers.

Otherwise airy mixes of a least 50% sand or perlite. Organic part can be peat moss or long fiber sphagnum moss. A top dressing of live Sphagnum is often used.

I have a R1 clone growing in 60-75% perlite 40-25% LFS and a "C" clone in 50/50 peat/perlite. The R1 clone has a top dressing of sand and on top of the live Sphagnum.

I treat them pretty much as my Darlingtonia and top water at least once daily and rarely let them stand in water. On very hot days I sometimes lightly mist them at dusk.

Back