What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May be a quick one for a Byblis in regards to soil...

Hi all do the Byblis have the same mix soil as VFT etc ?

Many thanks Noddy

Byblis do not seem to be too picky about substrate but a sandier peat moss mix (2 to 1 sand to peat) are what are typically recommended.

Byblis do not seem to be too picky about substrate but a sandier peat moss mix (2 to 1 sand to peat) are what are typically recommended.

Well, Venus Fly Traps prefer a sandier soil, so I guess Byblis would be fine in the same soil.

Although it's already been answered, remember to use the search function. You'll probably find info on something you may be asking. :)

VFT's do well in LFS, but I wouldn't recommend a lot of LFS with B. liniflora. Go with a mostly sand to peat ratio for liniflora.

Hi Noddy,

Although I have grown many forms of Byblis in LFS from seed to flower...it can be tricky. I think the biggest problems that Byblis growers have (including myself at one time!) is that they use media with too much organic content and keep them way too wet. I use the same mix as for my Drosera indica forms, 2/3 sand, 1/3 peat and let them almost dry between waterings. I've noticed more prolific flowering tendancies are enhanced this way as well.

Happy Growing,

Brian.

Back