What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild drosera

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I found some wild Drosera today and yesterday. I saw U. purpurea and U. gibba too both still in flower. I believe me and my brothers will be camping by this pond next week. I know one species is D. intermedia, if you know what the small red one is please tell me. Also if you see another species that I didn't notice please also point it out.

Picture046.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

drosera

Picture031.jpg

Neat. The D. intermedia seedlings are cool. :)

nice pics!
the small one could be a baby D. capillaris or a D. brevifolia.

That far north id take a bet on rotundifolia....

range of brevifolia taken from sarracenia.com - Range (USA): Arkansas, southeastern Kansaseastern Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia. Possibly Oklahoma, and Kentucky?

range of capillaris - Range (USA): Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia. Possibly Tennessee?

So yeah id say rotund for the smaller ones :)

I agree with SK.
rotundifolia.
nice find!

here are some 3 year old rotundifolia from seedbank seed
SGROTUNDIFOLIA.jpg

I have been seeing rotundifolia in places I never would have thought they grow:)

Peace,
Zero

I'd say it has at least some intermedia in it, but yeah, definitely some rotundifolia.

Back