What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So here's my current growing setup. I recently moved my trays 90 degrees counterclockwise, which gives me more "room".

group1.jpg

group2.jpg

A very happy Adelae pot. Finally got this growing.

d.adelae.jpg

I repotted my D. Madagascariensis "Botswana". It had an Utricularia and/or very thick moss inside the first few inches of soil, which was causing it to grow pretty slowly, I'm hoping removing it will help.

d.madagascariensis.botswana.jpg

Same thing with my D. Multi. "Extrema". You'll note the large amount of water in the tray, by tomorrow that will be mostly gone. 100% pure peat moss, btw, might mix in some perlite, not sure. He's not growing very well.

d.multi.extrema.jpg

This is the Utric that came out of it. I have been told it's U. bisquamata:

unknown_utric.jpg

When I moved the Multi Extrema, I damaged a leaf, so:

d.multi.extrema.cuttings.jpg

Water prop, should work fine. I'll know in 2 months or so.

Nice stuff. :) I like the D. madagascariensis.

I'm worried about them (there are two of them, the one you can see is bigger and a camera hog), to be honest. It was drooping a bit. It had a good flower stalk, I took the dried up seed pods and rolled them apart into my prop chamber, hopefully they selfed.

I had D. mad... flower once. The pods were seedless. Maybe that was just my bad luck.

Back