What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is that what I think it is?

Chomp

Oops
I was hooking up a new light for the terra today, and I noticed some little black things on the underside of a leaf of my adealea, and I thought that they looked like seeds.
Pics to be added soon.

no. Adealea rarely produces seeds. And if they were, it would to have to have flowered first. sorry to dissapoint.

i believe what you are seeing are specs of dirt or springtail insects.
D. adelae only produces seeds if it is crossed with a completely seperate clone, and as far as i know, all of the adelae you see in circulation today are of one single clone.

ya, those aren't seeds, but does that mean I don't have to post pics?

ya, those aren't seeds, but does that mean I don't have to post pics?

If you already figured out what you needed to know, then posting pictures won't be of much use.
Remember, no one is requiring you to do anything.

They could be pests, poop, dirt or disease. Pictures would help. Why not post them to begin with?

Are the specks on the leaves or under the leaves? Drosera are flowering plants, not ferns so seeds shouldn't be found coming from leaves.

Back