What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

part of my drosera collection (+Helis)

Hi there! :)
I got bored a bit so I took some pics of my plants today, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do:)

d.hamiltonii
DSCF0002-13.jpg

d.ascendens
DSCF0003-12.jpg

d.dielsiana
DSCF00032.jpg

d.prolifera flower
DSCF00033.jpg

d.schizandra
DSCF0010-5.jpg

d.adelae family
DSCF0011-7.jpg

d.peltata var. peltata
DSCF0018-5.jpg

d.admirabilis (really admirable:-))
DSCF0021-3.jpg

d.montana
DSCF0023.jpg

d.rotundifolia (coming out of summer dormancy)
DSCF0027-2.jpg

d.roraimae
DSCF0030-2.jpg

d.nidiformis
DSCF0036.jpg

d.? (the only unidentified plant in my collection, some kind of dielsiana hybrid)
DSCF0039.jpg

d.intermedia with friend u.sansersonii
DSCF0047-2.jpg

d.anglica clump (used to be one plant a year ago)
DSCF0057.jpg

d.affinis
DSCF0067.jpg

d.collinsiae
DSCF0068-1.jpg

d.filiformis var. filiformis
DSCF0076.jpg

d.madagascariensis
DSCF0087.jpg

d.burmannii
DSCF0090.jpg

d.slackii
DSCF0091.jpg

d.derbyensis (going into dormancy)
DSCF0120.jpg

d.petiolaris
DSCF0149.jpg

d.paradoxa (my biggest drosera, 15cm)
DSCF0136.jpg

d.falconeri
DSCF0130.jpg

d.ordensis
DSCF0105.jpg

....by now you must be sick of sundews i guess:) , so here are my two helis:

H.minor 'Giant' in flower
DSCF0097.jpg

H.tatei var. tatei (newly acquired)
DSCF0104.jpg

Saving my favourites for last! Love the Petios!

Your Droseras never cease to amaze me. :) Nice Helis, as well.

Wow! Really beautiful stuff.

I love that last Heli, it's so different looking.

my, what a collection!
And btw, i believe your unknown is possibly D. natalensis.
Also, Christian Deitz believes that most D. dielsiana are actually D. natalensis, so you may have to check the seeds for a positive id. They are supposed to be circular, like D. burmannii.

CPlantaholic: Thank you for nice comment. I grow d.natalensis as well and I am sure the unknown drosera is something else. I only know it is drosera dielsiana x........(something), looks like d. dielsiana but it is crossed with some other drosera (most likely from the same complex), might very well be d.dielsiana x natalensis, or other hybrid. Hybrids are always hard to tell what they exactly are. It is in flower now, so I check the seeds under the microscope. Thanx:)

---------- Post added 09-26-2009 at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-25-2009 at 09:27 AM ----------

drosera peltata varieties love the cold autumn morning sun:)
DSCF0001-13.jpg

AMAZING makes me want to do sundews more mabe after I get my macbook I will have a few hundred bucks to buy some beautys like yours :-))

these are all being grown outside, we are having a very sunny and dry autumn this year, so the plants look happy (even though the tropicals might complain a bit about 5C at night;-). Will have to move them inside soon as we are expecting first frosts in Slovakia. ( I apologize for blurry pics, I will get better camera soon). No colours added, all natural.

drosera lasiantha and mannii
DSCF0010.jpg

drosera mannii
DSCF0022.jpg

drosera nitidula ssp. allantostigma x omissa
DSCF0007.jpg

drosera pulchella
DSCF0023.jpg

drosera capensis
DSCF0009.jpg

drosera dielsiana & spatulata
DSCF0041.jpg

drosera aliciae
DSCF0005-1.jpg

dionaea muscipula
DSCF0004-1.jpg

Your plants are beautiful!

What kind of moss is growing in your d.anglica, VFT, and d.dielsiana pots? It's not LFS is it?

Nickrober: thank you:) The moss is not LFS, you are right. I have never felt the need to identify it, but that is a good question. I will have to look it up in some bryophyta database at school. It grows in most of my drosera pots actually. I guess it comes from spores brought by airflow which get stuck on the peat. The funny thing is I have never seen this kind of moss outside my collection, but the truth is the spores can travel for very long distance.

I have a couple very tiny "strands" of what looks to be the same thing growing in one of my pots. I'm hoping it comes in as nicely as yours because it looks amazing with that tall moss alongside those sundews.

EDIT: Ablystegium juratzkanum maybe?

Back