What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis liniflora

Cindy

Staff member
B. liniflora is known to be easiest to grow and therefore common amongst CP collections. Sometimes it is even valued less than the other Byblis species. However, given sufficient light and with the stems ans leaves turning red, the plants are pretty cool!

byblis_liniflora1.jpg

byblis_liniflora2.jpg

byblis_liniflora3.jpg

I love how they glisten when the sun shines in on them.

Nope. But stem cuttings worked for B. liniflora....at least when I tried.

So do you just chop up your byblis into say 1 inch pieces at the stem and maintain high RH?
Thanks for the tips ;)

What's the light source? Singapore sun? The red on the leaves is beautiful! I can never get this plant to sprout for me intentionally, then years later they pop up once I've given up on them.

For grins and chuckles, here's a picture taken this morning. This group of plants were sent tp me a seedlings. Incredibly, they made it to me just fine. Only one seedling died, later on. and now 3 of the 4 remaining are sending up scapes. Flowers next week!

Picture005-12.jpg

I am quite fond of this genus of CP's I have one seedling, I wish it would grow faster, but its getting there! They also produce alot of seed.

So do you just chop up your byblis into say 1 inch pieces at the stem and maintain high RH?
Thanks for the tips ;)

I only tried rooting the top 1-1.5" where the growth tip is. The cutting was placed in live sphagnum moss.

byblis_cutting-1.jpg

What's the light source? Singapore sun? The red on the leaves is beautiful! I can never get this plant to sprout for me intentionally, then years later they pop up once I've given up on them.

Yup, natural light in Singapore. I bleach the seeds everytime to get a faster germination rates. :)

Thanks for the help Cindy,
I just cut mine up, it had 2 apical meristems so hopefully both root.

Yours look wonderful, so dewy and red! Gives us something to envy ;)

Picture001-27.jpg

New picture:
Picture006-5.jpg

Bleaching... I'll have to try that! Thanks to the person above me, I can! :D

From most of what I have read byblis only last a year or two. Will a stem cutting also last that long or will it die back when the parent plant would have? Thanks. :scratch:

Back