What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best sundew pic contest!

Autumn Paddles

Being it's fall, I figured I'd pull out this picture of D. x obovata 'Ivan's Paddle' from last year:

click on the pic for a really large file size pic

that is my dream drosera, lol. :D

i'd send you some in a heartbeat if i lived in canada :p

You have alot of those? I know that I would try and trade you for one. thing is, I don't have very much to trade. But if you are still interested, PM me.
Anyways, this is very off the subject.

Contest ends on the 12th.

dtotheg123
its the only sundew i have :)

Good news everyone! I now have a small prize! (Only for 1st place. Sorry, there's not enough) I'm sending seeds from an old SASE. As it had turned out, I cannot grow seeds. I used some up, but there still should be enough. The seeds are from D. indica "Green" If the first place winner does not want the seeds for any reason, the prize will instead be sent to the second place winner and so on.
Thanx!
Chomp

when do you decide the winner ??

Why not...Here's an older pic I took last fall

IMG_1855.JPG_595.jpg

Here is another one that I took, it's just for show, not entered as part of the contest.

IMG_1950.JPG_595.jpg

Being it's fall, I figured I'd pull out this picture of D. x obovata 'Ivan's Paddle' from last year:

click on the pic for a really large file size pic
I think I just found the perfect desktop backround. LOL

Remember, contest ends November 12

Drosera Spatulata and his pearly mohawk
d_spatulata.jpg

Chomp, what Nep is that in your avatar? Do you have a bigger version?

N. attenboroughii. newly discovered plant. its MASSIVE. and very pretty at that.

Chomp: i just noticed that you had that pic. be careful. taking and using other peoples work is against copyright(if there is any for the pic). i would ask for permission from where you got it from. last year i used a pic from Borneo Exotic's website as my avatar and i got in trouble for it. just be careful.

Alex

I know this is cheating since you didn't ask me, but I'm actually familiar with that pic. It's nepenthes attenboroughii like glider14 said - it's named after Sir David Attenborough. The pitchers get up to 12 inches tall and 6 inches across.

It was "officially" discovered by an expedition in June 2007 on Mount Victoria in the Philippines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepenthes_attenboroughii

nepenthes-attenboroughii.jpg

Nice Nep.

yeah, I would use caution using it , even as just an avatar. though they really oughtta go after the dozen or so other websites Google found using the same image.

I wonder how many other sites are using my stuff?

How about a bunch of red capensis?
DSC_00290001.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Or D. sessilifolia

DSC_00030001-3.jpg

Last minute entry, because I still like this pic - D. scorpioides:

PA220007.jpg

so who wooonnn??

Back