What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sowed B. Liniflora and D. Indica seeds...

Does anyone know if they should be saran wrapped/ziploc'd or not?

It doesn't matter as long as you keep them moist. Actually by not using seran wrap you'll let more light in... which is better.

just noticed a B. liniflora seedling in a pot i sowed over 12 months ago....me thinks they are pretty hardy....

I usually always ziploc my sundew seeds so that I don't ever have to worry about them drying out. However, as Jefforever said, it isn't that important as long as you make sure the media is always moist. Of course this is seen with D. capensis and D. spatulata etc. when the spring up on their own.

I have them under a very very strong fluorescent light, so I opted for the saran wrap to help keep moisture in. Thanks all for the feedback. I've never sown these before so I wasn't sure, since none of the "how to germinate this type of plant's seeds" web sites said anything about whether to saran/ziploc or not.

just noticed a B. liniflora seedling in a pot i sowed over 12 months ago....me thinks they are pretty hardy....

Wow. Sooo late for the party, that one..

Here's a visual:

Picture019-6.jpg

Back