What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

and also the D. falconeri x ordensis looks like an albino capensis.

great plants Scott!!

Alex

Is it just me, or did ANYONE notice that his Ivan's paddle is covered in pests?

All those white flecks are pests. You should use neem or pyrethrins. I often get that type when I grow my sundews too crowded.

I did! I ended up using Schultz's GardenSafe on them.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Sundew Smorgasbord:

Picture005-13.jpg

Last edited:
Very good.

It's just that these things keep coming back. I've used at least half a dozen rounds of neem-py on my neps and thrips, mealies, aphids and scale always seem to find them again. Lost so many highlanders to these pests.

I used to think that drowning aphids was a 100% thing for awhile, but after a few separate incidents they;ve become more tenacious. So now I am using the chemicals and pursued non-chemical approaches, like dry ice and CO2 kits. I haven't used them yet because I don't seem to have any aphids... for now. All I see nowadays are the occasional worm and snail. How they get in my pots I don't know.

Picture005-6.jpg
D. capensis (Albino)

Picture003-12.jpg
D. natalensis

Picture003-10.jpg
D. falconeri and a cross with ordensis

Picture013-1.jpg
Mixed petiolaris

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

You noticed that, too?

looks like you have some nice seedlings going!
Falconeri is looking quite red now!

I went back and put the correct plants in there again. Photobucket gets them mixed up. I think it's because when I get an updated picture I delete them from the album and the numbers that they assign to them are off. So a sundew I deleted becomes a different plant in the album. That's my theory.

Picture013-2.jpg

Picture003-13.jpg
Ivan's Paddle

Man Jim that clump of aliciae is AWESOME! You are one of the Sundew masters it seems!

LOL! I have my ups and downs! And you're the go-to guy for D. adelae!

LOL! I have my ups and downs! And you're the go-to guy for D. adelae!

LOL! And hopefully for Scorpioides too soon. I have a bunch of 6 month old Scorps that are doing great! Gemmae rule!

Which color flower... pink or white? I'm looking for thr pink variety. I also realize that this is probably 6-9 months away.

Which color flower... pink or white? I'm looking for thr pink variety. I also realize that this is probably 6-9 months away.

Don't know yet. I got the 2 small scorps last fall, no flowers. I'll keep you in mind when they flower. If pink I'll hook you up with gemmae.

Ya know... I struggle with D. scorpioides, getting them through the summer. They wanna hunker down and go into a funk for several months.

Picture003-23.jpg
D. paradoxa

Picture025-5.jpg
D. sessilifolia

Picture057-1.jpg
D. capensis

Picture056-2.jpg
Multifida Extrema

Picture062-1.jpg
B. liniflora (outside)

Wow! How'd I miss this from you, Jim? Absolutely fantastic shots of dews that are doing wonderful!!

Back