What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drosera camporupestris in flower

Good news everybody! :)
Finally, my new drosera camporupestris opened her first flower today, so i took some pictures of this south american beauty, hope u like them:)

detail of the flower
DSCF0010-10.jpg

the whole plant
DSCF0012-7.jpg

DSCF0015-7.jpg

congrats! beautiful plant too!

Looks like a D. capensis 'All Red'.
Picture001-8.jpg

yes. please elaborate. the name suggests a totally different species, and yet it somewhat looks like a capensis. i can see some sort of difference but i can't place my finger on it. what differentiates it?

gah: i just got it---location. but what's differentiating it from let's say...a D. villosa?

congrats on the flower! looking great.
@amphirion- It's differentiated from D. villosa based mainly on seed shape, the flower and there is a visible difference between the leaf structure of these species. Check out Butch's picture of D. villosa he just posted the other day in the sundew thread- You can see that the petioles are much thicker on D. villosa and also notice that with D. camporupestris the petioles are green and then the blade turns red, wheras D. capensis 'Red' and D. villosa have red petioles under bright light.

thanks Aaron! that was helpful!

Back