What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

subtropical seeds care

any tips on sowing and (in general) caring for d. madagascariensis and d. nidiformis? are they both pretty much like d. capensis? i just ordered some from ICPS

I think i'll move my nidiformis to the tropical setup.

ive scoured the internet and i think your link is probably the best ive seen so far. thanks :)

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

oh yeah and this guy! http://www.growsundews.com/ (CPlantaholic)

The DROSERA NIDIFORMIS is very easy to grow .. I will keep out both summer and winter (here in Rome is also comes under 0 °) and I've always been very well :)... also reach adulthood in just over a year, and after flower produces many seeds:) ... Drosera madagascariensis is also very easy to grow and give birth ..
forum to have the seeds of tropical Drosera just those 2 that you put the seeds in a substrate composed of peat or peat-perlite or sphagnum pure, then keep a good supply of water, constant temperature 20 degrees (minimum 10-15 °) and a good illuminazine (prefer direct sun)

so youre saying nidiformis can withstand being frozen? for how long?

i actually sowed my seeds a little over a week ago and have nearly 100% success with the nidiformis, so far a few madagascar seeds have sprouted but im thinking theres still more that will.

now my problem is that nasty slimy algae growing on the peat... im afraid it will snuff out my baby seedlings. would more air circulation stop it from growing too fast? right now i have them covered in plastic to trap humidity but mostly to keep out fungus gnats

Back