What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some dew pics...

o hai der everbody. :p

lol.. I have pics of some common dews and stuff I'd just like to share.

D. tokaeinsis
046.JPG

capensis alba seedlings
048.JPG

050.JPG

a pot of capensis plants made for a friend
016.JPG

a red form seedlings being fed a lot to speed up growth
021.JPG

some curls on fish food
022.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

a little hamiltonii leaf
026.JPG

a capensis 'alba' macro
035.JPG

as usual, I'll probly end up posting more pics....

Thanks for looking!

Thanks Aaron!

:boogie:
Excellent Dews!
:-O
Excellent Photos!
:clap:
Congratulations! Keep em' coming!

hahaha thanks GrowinOld!!

here are some new pics.. I think I've already posted pics of these plants again, but I guess they're just a super mini update. :p

D. 'lake badgerup'
004.JPG

009.JPG

terrerium made for a friend
012.JPG

the inside
013.JPG

spatulata - not really the best colour but still a nice looking plant to me
015.JPG

burmannii 'giant red' being fed tons to keep them alive from flowering... today each flower stalk had a flower on it. :D I don't think the one on the right will survive though because I let it flower to times..
020.JPG

and a flower from last weekish:
033.JPG

and a couple of unknown plants... my guesses are adelae and rotundifolia.
018.JPG
019.JPG

thanks for looking again!

very nice sundews~~~ thanx for the pictures!:)

Can you say 'dew'? Nice work!

once again, very nice!
I don't think that your D. x 'Lake Badgerup' are correctly labeled. They acutally look like a D. nitidula x omissa? mark.ca will likely clarify this
Here's a 'Lake Badgerup' photo for comparison:
Lake_Badgerup-hi.JPG

Also, your D. burmannii will keep flowering for around a year, even if they still flower at that rate. I didn't know why mine spontaneously died a year after planting them from seed, but apparently Not a Number mentioned that Ivan told him that if you wanted a species of Burmannii to live longer than 2 or 3 years that you shouldn't let it flower. I'm guessing my typical green form produced 10000 seeds (over 13 stalks or so) before it died. I'll have to do more detailed counting next time though.

CPlantaholic is right about the mislabelled pygmy. I have seen this many times happened in other collenctions. It looks like d. nitidula ssp. omissa x pulchella to me.

Thanks for your comments guys!

I was told the pygmy was a different form of lake badgerup. :p But when I looked up nitidula x pulchella it looked a lot more like that. Thanks for the help. :) Should I identify it on the indetifying section here or something, just to make sure?

Back