What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis pulvinus information.

Hello Friends,

While on the subject of Byblis pulvinus, my latest results from my experiments are showing that pulvinus size could also be related to wet/dry extremes. My latest theory is that the pulvinus doesn't always just provide movement, but may also double as a water storage organ as well during dry periods. Although now I have proven that the existence of pulvini in Byblis is persistant in all proposed Byblis species (since I've always firmly believed B. gigantea and B. lamellata to be the same plant), my results are showing that the pulvini can vary in size as well, due to cultivational extremes. I firmly believe that this anomaly occurs 'in situ' as well. More results to follow soon!

Feel free to view all of the latest Byblis research photos featuring B. 'Goliath' and B. 'David' with it's many forms at;

http://bbproductions.smugmug.com/Ca...iath-filifolia/10582028_pcQrM#612540434_SxoMQ

Best Wishes,

Brian Barnes, 4/27/10.

Back