What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys,
I just have a question about Drosera. I have sum in a S/W window in a mini greenhouse that gets about 6 hours of full sun a day. The species I have in there are d. paradoxa, d. dielsiana, d. binata, d. adelae, d. capensis, d. venusta and also a Ping. weser. When the plastic lid is off they stay at about 80-85 (soil temps) but when the plastic lid is on, it would easily get up to 100 degrees.

What im wondering is: Whats the max safe temp for these plants?

Thanks,

Andrew,

Last edited:
the problem here is that you have all sorts of sundews with different temp requirements. Paradoxa can withstand 85F+ temps easily, where as D. adelae requires cooler conditions. all your other plants can tolerate a good amount of heat abuse if temps are around 80-85F provided that they can cool off at night (except the paradoxa which needs temps above 75F period).

i have no idea with the Ping though. i fail with pings.

Ok thanks alot amphirion.

I grow D. dielsiana and D. capensis in 90F+ temperatures. I just make sure I give them a cool night.

my paradoxa and other petiolaris group plants are being kept at 96F day down to 70-80 ish nights.

Back