What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King sundew

That is quite a nice plant.

@SCDPs, I've tried them both in LFS/ cypress mulch and peat:sand and they seem to be comparable to each other. I also always use the tray method, since I'm not at my house 90% of the year and they do fine as well. So mainly it's the temperature that's the main issue (or UV intensity, which I personally haven't had an issue with).

@Kulamauiman, what are your average day/night temps where your Regia was growing?

temp wise now its the mid 70s in the day mid 50s at night. Full summer add 10 Full on winter subtract 10.
MTF

Yup.... pretty much! LOL!

Interesting...Mach, when you brought your plant outside, was it mostly green? One experiment could be to try growing it indoors under intense lighting beforehand, so you can get some red coloration going first (like in my sig pic) and then bring it outdoors to see how it fares. Unless your plant already had coloration going when you brought it out the first time, lol.

I think you may be onto something with light intensity though. It's possible that higher light intensity may effectively lower the maximal temperature range....but who knows???

Last edited:
P6240346.jpg

Too sick :0o: It obviously loves its new home!

My new d. regia has adjusted into its new home as well. It has settled well from its repotting and is putting out new leaves.

regia.jpg

Awesome! I'm glad it made it for you Hermopolis! It's looking happy. If it starts producing smaller leaves, be sure to feed it a few bugs and it'll keep making larger leaves.
Bloke, yours is coming along quite nicely too!

I'll post some more pics as more leaves come out. The fly I fed it did wonders for the growth, it's newest leaf is twice as long as the one that was fed with the bug. It constantly catches little fruit flies / fungus gnats. What a specimen, I love it! THE coolest drosera, that's for sure..

Back