What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. graomogolensis Leaf Cutting Success!

i partially buried mine in live sphag--growth point exposed...and then i see plantlets popping out from the moss a couple of months later. "too easy" might be correct :D

Wow- NaN and amphirion, I'm glad to see that you're having such great success with them as well!!! Glad to see that spreading D. graomogolensis throughout collections should be quite manageable if everyone pitches in, as NaN has already mentioned.

I haven't been able to feed my cuttings as much as I'd planned to so they have sat untouched for 2 months now, and haven't grown much more. They're definitely crowding each other out. They look fantastic, red, and dewey, but if I want these guys to size up at all, looks like divisions will be the next step. I'll have to do that this weekend.

The best thing about these cuttings is that I've literally left them sealed off in a pot with saran and lfs- haven't had to water them for 2 months. Talk about worry-free!

I'm going to harden off this new batch of strikes by putting the cutting in a bed of live Sphagnum moss in a cup and covering everything with water and let the water evaporate off. Just putting them on a Sphagnum in a covered cup didn't work so well.

Back