What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera glabripes in South Africa

Hi,

i will continue my series with a species, that we only found in one location: Drosera glabripes. The only time we found this plant was in the Fernkloof Nature Reserve, where it grows in larger numbers directly beneath the way. For me, this is one of the most impressive and nicest species of southafrican Drosera. Here are the pictures!

IMG_3578-glabripes.jpg

IMG_3584-glabripes.jpg

IMG_3585-glabripes.jpg

IMG_3729-glabripes.jpg

IMG_3747-glabripes.jpg

IMG_3917-glabripes.jpg

IMG_3944-glabripes.jpg

IMG_4023-glabripes.jpg

IMG_4058-glabripes.jpg

IMG_4297-glabripes.jpg

IMG_4299-glabripes.jpg

Christian

Beautiful photos Christian, and an easily recognized old friend.

I agree, great shots!

This one reminds me of D. madagascariensis in the way it grows, only so much more difficult to cultivate.

Hi,

i am growing this plant successfully for about 2 years now. The trick seems to be to keep it not too wet, almost dry. In fact, we only found plants on quite dry places (the same is true for D. esterhuyseniae). I am also using 20cm deep pots, which the plants seem to like as well! I still have not yet flowered it, but i hope i will soon have one!

Christian

Back