What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heyyy, finally I have some time and took pictures of jars. I apologize for bad quality for it is hard to take good pics through the glass and condensation. I hope you like them:) Most of them come from seeds from Australia and will be soon replated on propagation media.

drosera ordensis 'Lake Argyle,Kimberley,AU' - very hairy form, light pink flowers, 40cm flower stalk , 8cm rosette type
DSCF0012-3.jpg

drosera falconeri 'Palmerston,N.T.,AU' -pink flower
DSCF0008-2.jpg

drosera caduca 'Bachsten Creek,Kimberley,AU'- carnivorous 6cm juvenile leaves, non-carnivorous grass-like adult 20cm, white flowers form
DSCF0003-4.jpg

drosera arcturi 'Gelignite Creek,Tasmania'- miniature form
DSCF0011-2.jpg

drosera neocaledonica
DSCF0010-3.jpg

this one not rare but my favourite drosera dielsiana
DSCF0004-6.jpg

....and finally non-carnivorous, sequoia sempervirens young seedling
DSCF0007-2.jpg

Very nice! All the plants look very good, soon you will have tons of them :) Great work and keep it up!

Neat! Congrats on the Drosera caduca! I really like that species.

Very cool!

Man I wish I had the stuff to do what you do!

Most excellent and exciting. I hope these rare plants become less rare through your good efforts!

Thanx for nice comments. I will try to do my best.

Great work on getting these species in to TC. I'd be very grateful if you could provide me with a contact from which to obtain seed - I live in South Australia, but have not been able to find anyone who can supply me with seed (or plants for that matter) of these.

Thanks

Nice work. I love ur picture of drosera ordensis 'Lake Argyle.

Is it hard to do tissue culture at home? Home make medium?

On the sixth picture is it what people called "phenol something~something"?

Linton: most of the seeds I got from european growers, but, for example the seeds of petiolaris sundews are hard to get here, so I ordered some from Allen Lowrie.

Louis: Thanx. It is not hard to do TC at home once you learn how and what to be careful about. Still ,the establishment of new cultures is lots of work,,and deflasking as well. Replating not so much. I am chemist so I mix my own medium, this way I can alter its composition if needed. On sixth picture under the medium surface are the roots, they look a bit bizzare, I know. What you had in mind was probably the ' phenolic exudation'- that is when plants releases phenolic (usually colourful) compounds into the media (from cut when they 'bleed' e.g.). They are not very toxic, but may drastically change the pH of the media and make the nutrient intake impossible- the plant dies. But not always, nepenthes are pretty resistant to this phenomena, even when no charcoil is used (drosera much more sensitive I guess).

Back