What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

d. intermedia x capillaris, x fillaformis, x rotundafolia

uphwiz

jimmy
New to me , and just potted it up inter x capillaris , it hasn't started making much dew yet , guess its adjusting .
anyone know how long it takes? I've only just begun my temperate sundew collection :blush:
inter x rotundafolia is a leaf pull i did last fall and started in the highland terrarium, and it's coming along nicely now. jimscott how's yours?
inter x filliformis, i got it last sept, it seems to have a stranger at its base i cant id, looks a little like rotundafolia but???

Last edited:
It could be days, weeks, or months. If the glands dry out too much they lose their ability to produce mucilage and you have to wait for new leaves to open for business. Even then it may take some time for the plant to adapt or for you to adjust the conditions that work best.

I've got an 'Ivan's Paddle' that was doing well until a few weeks ago. Upon further inspection, it has aphids. So I've been treating it with neem oil. I just received a D. hybrida, a nice looking plant, that will just have to until new leaves emerge:

Picture002-27.jpg

I have no idea where this filiformis came from:

Picture006-17.jpg

Here's another mystery... Paddle? Rotundifolia?

Picture008-10.jpg

This popped in a VFT pot:

Picture003-5.jpg
capillaris?

Pre-aphid Paddle:

Picture013-2.jpg

Looking great. Doesn't look like it should take more than a few weeks to fully adjust in your condiions!!!

Jim, your first "another mystery photo" looks like D. natalensis. You seem to have mastered the technique of getting weed sundews to pop up out of nowhere! lol.

I'll.... uh... ID that as natalensis...

Nice hybrids!

I've got 3 of the 4 species (filiformis, intermedia, rotundifolia) in a pot and it's the rotundifloia for me that is struggled to produce dew on the older leaves. I guess a hot spell will do that to ya...but looks like the newer leaves are dewy. I hope yours perk up as well!

Back