What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few dews in flower

Got just a few pics of my sundews in flower, tried to catch D. burmannii with an open flower but they open and close so fast I couldn't catch it.

D. spatulata Fraser Island
P1080833.jpg

Closer pic, notice the pollen grains!
P1080835.jpg

D. intermedia 'Cuba'
P1080838.jpg

Great shots! D. burmannii is a fast bloomer- but you caught D. intermedia 'Cuba' which I've never been able to catch, so props!

Very nice! I caught my intermedia the other day too.

Great shots! D. burmannii is a fast bloomer- but you caught D. intermedia 'Cuba' which I've never been able to catch, so props!

He had pics of D. spatulata

Oh, sorry. I thought that was obvious. I didn't realize that it wasn't :-(

I meant to say that you posted pics of d. spathulata and not d. burmannii.

Oh, sorry. I thought that was obvious. I didn't realize that it wasn't :-(

I meant to say that you posted pics of d. spathulata and not d. burmannii.

I think the OP was responding to my comment that I tried to get pics of D. burmannii in flower but I missed it, but then he said congrats on getting D. intermedia cuba in flower. Burmannii is a tough one to catch, hopefully one of these days I'll catch an open flower!!

Btw, how is that vft I sent you doing? It still producing traps with excessive trigger hairs?

Oh, OK. Sorry CPplantaholic!

The VFT hasn't produced many traps yet. It'll take a while.

Nice capturing of the flowers!

Awesome flower shots! I have both of those, but never saw them open. Good job!

tried to catch D. burmannii with an open flower but they open and close so fast I couldn't catch it.
Grow dozens of them, then the odds of any open flowers at one time is relatively high. :jester:

Dews are gems, I love the pics. Also, most are prolific. Little pioneers they are.

Back