What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOL - i like that one. And I do indeed have viable seed. If I thought you'd have any interest in them whatsoever I'd have offered them to you already, but it looks like you have more of these things than you know what to do with (I never traded a D. indica with you yet all these now-full-grown plants still made it over to me somehow!)

It is surprisingly tolerant of my blunders, which I am very thankful for. But I'm following direction to the T on this one - keep it drier than the rest, and feed it often.

Really, I haven't killed THAT many CPs. Many of them were going through a period of intense depression--fine, a few died--but some have recovered quite nicely. For example, all those pygmy dews that I posted pics of that were looking so awful are now growing again. For more info, have a look at my post number 34 on the wall of shame thread. See also my post number 50 on that thread to witness happy ending to the stories of your D. aliciae and D. capensis "Broad Leaf"

WOW! Those dews are recovering nicely!!!

And you did guess correctly that I don't need any seed. Right now I'm trying to get a bunch of that D. hartmeyror...really, I just can't spell that one correctly. Anyway, I've cut down on the d. indica to try to get some of that going. We'll see.

And the plants seem to be responding well to the treatment! If you ever notice the leaves not unfurling all the way, that's almost a sure indicator of impending death due to too much water...just be aware. Correct the problem, and they usually return to health.

Thanks for the updates. It's cool to see them grow!

Keep up the good growing :boogie:

LOL - i like that one. And I do indeed have viable seed. If I thought you'd have any interest in them whatsoever I'd have offered them to you already, but it looks like you have more of these things than you know what to do with (I never traded a D. indica with you yet all these now-full-grown plants still made it over to me somehow!)

It is surprisingly tolerant of my blunders, which I am very thankful for. But I'm following direction to the T on this one - keep it drier than the rest, and feed it often.

Really, I haven't killed THAT many CPs. Many of them were going through a period of intense depression--fine, a few died--but some have recovered quite nicely. For example, all those pygmy dews that I posted pics of that were looking so awful are now growing again. For more info, have a look at my post number 34 on the wall of shame thread. See also my post number 50 on that thread to witness happy ending to the stories of your D. aliciae and D. capensis "Broad Leaf"

The seeds he donated can still be found in the ICPS seedbank. The plant has been reclassified to species status. It is now called Drosera finlaysoniana. I got some seeds. They germinated quickly in test tubes filled with distilled water. I potted them up and they're growing rapidly. This is becoming my new favorite species of Drosera.

Good growing,
Mike T.

Last edited:
Back