What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See! That's what I'm saying! I just hope people remember to keep the data with the plants if THEY share otherwise some future editon of myself will end up :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Some progress photos on the D. x tokaiensis:

These started to flower in October and haven't stopped yet. Otherwise I'd repot them. I managed to catch one of the flowers partially open in November. Since these are pink flowered as the naturally occurring plants they will not be treated with Colchicine to make the fertile. The small sibling has yet to show its colors.
PB060015.jpg

A couple of shots as of today. The colors are no where near what they look like in sunlight (new camera and still tweaking). The reds are actually more of a dayglow fuschia.
tok2.jpg

The tetraploid D. belezeana is dormant and in the refrigerator. Not very interesting to see.

Last edited:
100_8628.jpg
D. tokaiensis seedlings

100_8649.jpg
Young D. 'Tamlin' (Pre-Woodstock)

Okay, an update on the man-made D. x tokaiensis. The newest edition is a white flowered plant. A natural D. tokaiensis has not be found with white flowers. The white flower comes from the D. rotundifolia 'Charles Darwin' parent. The short larger bud and shyness to blossom (white flowers did not open) come from the D. spatulata var gympiensis parent. Something unique.

_IGP0433a.jpg
_IGP0437a.jpg

_IGP0436a.jpg
_IGP0435a.jpg

Here's the tetraploid D. belezeana
_IGP0440a.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me of the 'Long Arm'.

Last edited:
They look good!

False vivipary in Man-made D. ×tokaiensis (pink flower)
IMGP1832.jpg

Back