What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis liniflora October 2010

Thought i would share some photos at my first successful attempt at growing B. liniflora...
first time i tried them, i received a few bareroot plants in a trade (obviously those died, byblis hate that)
i then tried some seed after that, i spilled the pot with the seeds....
so i finally tried again, this time with some success, though out of 90 or so seeds, only 15 or so germinated *sob* but then again i didnt do any treatments and the seed was a year and some change old IIRC...crissytal can chime in on that if she pops in here...
these little guys are a few months old now...
P1010047-3.jpg

P1010041-2.jpg

P1010043-5.jpg

P1010045-5.jpg

P1010058-6.jpg

P1010054-5.jpg

P1010053-4.jpg

P1010055-3.jpg

P1010049-4.jpg

very nice! if im not mistaken i see a flower bud there! I tried liniflora once, got the seeds to sprout, then they never did much more than stay small.

and nope, no flower buds yet... :(

very nice.. wish I wouldn't have lost my first batch. Shouldn't have ever gone on vacation. I've got another bunch of seeds sown now. Hopefully I have the same luck with germination as the first try.

They look hungry! Are these the plants that require the assassin bug to digest their food for them?

I thought those were Roridula... maybe I'm wrong.

If I am, you should feed them!

Ooh jealous!

Nice, nice, very nice!

Only got 2 to germinate so don't feel bad with 15 LOL

Very nice man! I like the last pic especially haha

Back