What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So here's a little riddle: which species name can be found across Nepenthes, Drosera and Pinguicula? - it also happens to be three species that I have in my collection. Still don't get it? Well... Say for example, 'gigantea'. There's Drosera gigantea and Pinguicula gigantea, but to the best of my knowledge, there's no Nepenthes gigantea (varietal names - like N. rafflessiana var. gigantea don't count!). There's only a few names that occur like that. I can only think of two so if you find a common one across all families, you have a pretty good chance of taking the gemmae. Don't bother to look in my growlist... hasn't been updated in ages.

The first person to guess correctly will get 6 different types of drosera gemmae of my own chosing. You can't ask for specific species or crosses - it'll be something I have lots of.

Good Luck!

I have another one but I don't really need more gemmae right now... I'll save it for someone else.

gracilis used to work, until they named d. gracilis d. peltata.

Nep101 wins! Contest closed.

Villosa is in all of them too I think.

But I'm too late now anyway.

Villosa is in all of them too I think.

But I'm too late now anyway.

You ARE correct... but alas, I have no villosa in my collection... either nep, drosera or ping.

haha wow that was quick! This contest would have been good if we weren't all such harsh nerds. :D

Back