What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. prolifera pic

taking over my U. humboldtii tank.......originally received the D. prolifera in trade cause i didnt have it, cant grow D. adelae to save my life so didnt think it would grow for me but wanted to try it anyway cause i thought the growth habit was more interesting than D. adelae......so i threw it in the live LFS in the U. humboldtii tank figuring it was just gonna die on me anyway and it decided to thrive....

IMG_1093.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great. Take care of those - with 75% of Queensland a disaster area from recent rains and floods nobody has even looked yet at what has happened to the populations of the Three Sisters. From the reports of field trips of the 2008 ICPS conference the populations were considerably reduced in the first place.

Mine live down in the live LFS growing between pots in my tanks. If the conditions are good for the big utrics, at least two of the sisters should be happy... Your's certainly seem happy.

Where's the rest of the big humbo in that tank?

it likes growing along the outside edges on opposite ends of the 10 gal tank.....

they sure look like they're enjoying themselves in there. it's funny that you just posted this--- I stumbled across your old thread from last year when looking up some sundew info yesterday- and it sure has grown a ton since that time!

Definitely proliferating!

I hate you..

Same deal over here. Can't grow D. adelae to save my life. Got D. prolifera, threw it in live LFS thinking it was going to die.. and it did. AHHH!! So frustrating.. Gorgeous, and well done.

LOL! I can grow both D. adelae and D. prolifera, but kill D. schizandra. At the moment, though, I have D. adelae but no D. prolifera.

Looking great. Take care of those - with 75% of Queensland a disaster area from recent rains and floods nobody has even looked yet at what has happened to the populations of the Three Sisters. From the reports of field trips of the 2008 ICPS conference the populations were considerably reduced in the first place.

They are under no threat from the recent flooding which is occurring in the southern part of the state. They grow high enough up the mountains they inhabit to have no issue with any flooding that might occur in their region.

Back