What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pygmy Sundews Beginning To Flower

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
100_8903.jpg
D. omissa

100_8690.jpg
D. 'Carburup'

100_8694.jpg
D. pulchella

Last edited:
Yeah my Nitidulla x Puchella are about to flower to.

Lucky! I have no flower buds yet!

Very nice!
I am anxious for that day mice elf.

first one is omissa ....not patens

I'm looking forward to seeing D. sewellae open up its flower. That's coming soon.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

first one is omissa ....not patens

Upon further review.... the label on the pot is correct. I wrote the wrong plant down.

I have flower coming up and I only recieved the gammae in Oct. 2010. It's D. pulchella. Is three months normal for this species? I do feed it alot.

Very nice!
@jack, it is normal when they're provided good growing conditions. I was stunned to see that for the first time, as well, when my D. x "Lake Badgerup" started to send up flower stalks after only growing from gemmae for a month and 2 weeks. But "Lake Badgerup" is considerably faster than D. pulchella, so great growing!

The D. helodes gemmae that I sowed in November are beginning to form scapes. And yet, there are others that have gone a whole year with no flowering... or even gemmae.

Nice Jim!

BTW, I started some Scorpioides gemmae in Pro-Mix potting & seeding mix with some extra perlite mixed in and they germinated! So far so good. Just an FYI.

Nice Jim!

BTW, I started some Scorpioides gemmae in Pro-Mix potting & seeding mix with some extra perlite mixed in and they germinated! So far so good. Just an FYI.

I'm not familiar with the product. What's in it? Did Taz snap or something?

I'm not familiar with the product. What's in it? Did Taz snap or something?

LOL! It's a standard potting soil mix found around here, I prefer it over anything else for "Regular" houseplants and outdoor potting jobs. This contains (per the bag): Canadian peat moss, Perlite, Limstone (for PH adjustment) and a wetting agent.

http://www.newpromix.com/

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Here's a link to a bag photo Jim:

http://bit.ly/igXNiL

100_9800.jpg
D. pulchella x occidentalis

Gorgeous flowers for such tiny plants!

100_9833.jpg
D. palecaea

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

100_9838.jpg
D. leioblastus

100_9859.jpg

100_9865.jpg

100_9866.jpg

100_9893.jpg

D. omissa x pulchella

Back