What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter dews again.

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
Thought I would put a few more pictures on here as they age.
I missed the beginning of the flowering because i have been doing nothing but working and plowing snow. Seems it's all I do these days 70 to 80 hr work weeks..
Anyway here are a couple shots. The D. browniana will be flowing soon.
JMatt

dsc05236e.jpg

dsc05237u.jpg

dsc05240c.jpg

They're so pretty :love:

Absolutely stunning JMatt! I should really get more into sundews.

Thanks for sharing!

I love your tuberous dews! I'm learning on the easy ones - D. peltata & D. auriculata.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are moving along pretty good. It's hard to tell by the picture but the D. browniana has very pale pink flowers. The D. macrophylla I think has peaked for it's flowering this year. Tuberous sundews are truly amazing plants!
JMatt

dsc05243n.jpg

dsc05246s.jpg

dsc05245h.jpg

Man, you and your dews! So beautiful they are. The flowers on those plants just put other Drosera to shame!

Also I couldn't help but notice your little collection of D. regia in the background. :0o: NICE!

Thanks for all the nice comments! I just don't get on here as much as I would like to. This time of year work really overwhelms me! Now I am going to see what I can enter in the Nepenthes contest for this month.
JMatt

Now I am going to see what I can enter in the Nepenthes contest for this month.
JMatt

Yeah, it could use a little juice!

the first pic of your second update its absolutely stunning, its really pretty!!!

What do they have for gorwing conditions and light, Crazy amounts of dew great job

The plants are grown in my basement. I had them covered with a clear dome at first, but took it off at least three weeks ago. I have many other sundews there too, like D. regia, D. binata (multifida extrema), wide leaf D. capensis and they all have plenty of dew. I only monitor humidity in my tank setups. I'm not really sure what the humidity is in the basement as a whole? I do have many things down there over wintering. My guess would be 40 to maybe 50 percent? I will have to check. The tanks run much higher like the high 80's for humidity. Oh and I grow everything under T-5 florescent lights. I have fans in all my tanks and three just in the basement for good air circulation. I'm sure there are a lot of people with better ways of growing them, but this has worked for me with the tuberous stuff for like 4 or 5 years now. Like a lot of stuff though you have to respect there dormancy! As I am writing this, my basement temp is 44 degrees. A bit chilly but heck it's only 8 outside.
JMatt

Wow. If I ever had a chance to see your collection in real life, I don't think I would even be able to fathom that amount of beatuy :D.

Back