What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera sp. "Pretty Rosette"

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I have no idea what goes into this plant, but here's the flower of Drosera sp. "Pretty Rosette":

100_9578.jpg

100_9573.jpg

100_9569.jpg

100_9563.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is the weirdest Sarracenia flower EVAR!

or did you mean Drosera? :lol:
on another note, i've noticed my seed grown D. ordensis producing flowers like that...

I know this is posted in the "Sundews (Drosera), Byblis, Drosophyllum" thread. And you abbreviated the unknown genus name, "S." and used the zoological abbreviation for subspecies, "ssp.", you also used an invalid cultivar name, 'Pretty Rosette', so I'm guessing and hoping this is just an early April fools joke.

To my knowledge, "Pretty Rosette" is a different form of Drosera dielsiana

Very nice flower!

I know this is posted in the "Sundews (Drosera), Byblis, Drosophyllum" thread. And you abbreviated the unknown genus name, "S." and used the zoological abbreviation for subspecies, "ssp.", you also used an invalid cultivar name, 'Pretty Rosette', so I'm guessing and hoping this is just an early April fools joke.

The 'S' is simply a typo. it's a sundew. As to the nomeclature, that's how it came to me: D. ssp. 'Pretty Rosette'. Hey, at least I used italics....

jimscott,
Nice photo of interestingly deformed flower. Are all of the flowers on this plant similarly deformed?
-----------------------------------
You did know that you can edit your own posts, but obviously not the titles? It is possible for the creator of posts to correct their own typo's, etc.

I'm encouraging everyone to try to use a plants complete name, at least the first time it's mentioned in a post, but especially in the titles, so it is easier to use the search tool, later to find those posts. The search tool won't work on abbreviated genus names, such as, "D.", but it will work on "Drosera". This could be a great help for newbies, and for anyone trying to look up past plant topics. Italics is only used on the latinized parts of plant names, to indicate they are a different language.

I'm also trying to say that it is up to each of us to verify, as much as possible, the plants we receive to help ensure they are what they are supposed to be, especially before we propagate them and distribute them to others. I'm sure no one wants to be responsible for distributing mis-identified plant material. It has happened to me and can be frustrating and bad for a grower's reputation.

Last edited:
You did know that you can edit your own posts, but obviously not the titles?
Although I have not tried it, it appears that the originator can edit titles via advanced mode...

can i see a picture of your plant? i just ordered one....

Although I have not tried it, it appears that the originator can edit titles via advanced mode...

I'll keep that in mind the next time I click too soon! I've just learned that the flower doesn't stay open too long and I've missed seeing (and capturing a photo) another opened flower.

I captured fresh pictures a few minutes ago:

100_9590.jpg

100_9586.jpg

Back