What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower power

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
_IGP9914aa.jpg

Drosera scorpioides (pink)
_IGP9791A.jpg

D. helodes
_IGP9691a.jpg

D. trinervia
_IGP9752aa.jpg

D. trinervia
_IGP9829.jpg

D. graminifolia

Last edited:
Oooh pretty! I always love those red spots on the second one... I guess the Drosera flower pic I just posted isn't helodes after all :lol:

pu-pu-pu-pu-pu-pu-POWER! XD
get the oldspice reference?

Great job! I could never get D. trinervia stay alive, much less flower.

You get D. trinervia to germinate at least? That's better than most people. I'm actually going to try to start some new pots this year. The seeds I sowed into my existing pot last year before summer didn't germinate until the start of winter. I read somewhere the seedlings do not tolerate flooding so no top watering and keep the water level well below the surface.

They never germinated, unfortunately. I have so much yet to learn....

_IGP0030a.jpg

Caught another D. graminifolia open a bit more. Love that soft lighting on overcast days. I guess I should try hand pollinating these.

Ya know what's funny? Your pictures look like mine! For example:

100_9763.jpg

100_9736.jpg
D. ugliensis

100_9730.jpg

100_9695.jpg

100_9658.jpg

It's like we're staging them the same way.

From my pot of unknown flower color D. scorpioides plants. To the eye it has a pink tinge to it that doesn't show in the photo.
_IGP0056.jpg

The gamma on these photos always seems a little dark after uploading them to photobucket. I'm not sure if it is photobucket or the browser. The gamma is calibrated on my monitor to Photoshop's calibration tools and they look fine under all the image viewers and editors I have. ???

Drosera venusta "coccicaulis"

Natural lighting (diffused through curtain)
_IGP0066a.jpg

Flash
_IGP0069a.jpg

Flash with diffusion (white plastic bag over flash)
_IGP0072a.jpg

Last edited:
D. helodes time sequence. Not enough frames but it almost works despite the glitches from having to change the battery. I need to DIY an AC adapter for my camera. Otherwise the batteries go dead after a couple of hours. The OEM unit is $100.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid120.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo182%2FNot_a_Number%2Fdroserahelodes.mp4">

More D. graminifolia

_IGP0134a.jpg

Gorgeous!

Drosera peltata
_IGP0502a.jpg

_IGP0502bb.jpg

_IGP0493a.jpg

beauty with carnivorous trapping hardwire in a perfect dance

D. ugliansis, LOL!!! You guys are making me anxious for mine to flower.

How about a freak? D. anglica "CA × HI"
_IGP0611a.jpg

Last edited:
Super Freak!

Back