What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower power

D. callistos
IMGP4724copy.jpg

IMGP4728copy.jpg

overexposed but you can see the naughty bits
IMGP4705copy.jpg

IMGP4715.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I really like that one!

Oh no, now I have to go scrub my eyes with soap!

Purdy flowers!

Gorgeous NaN!!!

Lovely. Orange is an underrepresented color among sundews.

D. helodes

IMGP4908.jpg

note: this is not a Photoshop effect. Those are the actual flowers. See below photo.
IMGP4903.jpg

IMGP4898.jpg

IMGP4899.jpg

Very nice pygmy flowers! The double one is interesting.

I have fed mine but I am still awaiting flowers.

Taa-daaa! Drosera hamiltonii

Here we go. Some shots with available lights, some with flash if there are duplicates. Presented in sequence.
IMGP5333.jpg

IMGP5353.jpg

IMGP5364.jpg

IMGP5375.jpg

IMGP5381.jpg

IMGP5386.jpg

IMGP5393.jpg

IMGP5398.jpg

IMGP5405.jpg

IMGP5412.jpg

IMGP5414.jpg

IMGP5416.jpg

IMGP5430.jpg

IMGP5434.jpg

I hand pollinated this one and confirmed with magnifier that there was pollen on the stigma. I collected one anther in case the plant is dichogamous. If you notice how the stamen are positioned it is possible that the anthers do not get pressed against the stigma on closure. Will make observations.

Wow!! :ohno: that's amazing!

very, very nice warren..... beautiful mate

very nice warren! too bad these flowers are so transient! best of luck making seed, im assuming they are self fertilizing.

It is unknown if self-incompatible or not. I've found no reports of seed from plants in cultivation so far.

It is unknown if self-incompatible or not. I've found no reports of seed from plants in cultivation so far.

Maybe too few have gotten hamiltonii to bloom to know. Wonderful photos and quite an accomplishment!

That is the best Drosera flower by far! How large across was it?

About the same size as the rosette ~1.5 inches ~35mm. If the same holds true for the larger forms of D. hamiltonii that get to 3-4 inches across the flowers must be truly impressive.

Animation
Animation2.gif

NICE animation.

wow thats all I can say

nice one NAN a real pretty flower

Back