What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera capensis "Red" in Action

I feel guilty about cross-posting these from my Carnivorous Adventures thread, but meh. I figure it makes sense.

My first ever attempt at time-lapse photography. I was bummed the plant didn't finish wrapping around the fly, but it's all good. Next time. This is the first of many, I'm sure.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QW-A7mHQEW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Music is Chopin's Prelude in E Minor Op. 28 No. 4.

That poor fly struggled till the end :( hehe. Nice video!!!

Awesome video!

It's a plant eat animal world out there!

That is awesome! I'd love to learn how to do time-lapse photography.

Time lapses are definitely my fave!!! Nice work.

Thanks, everyone.

@Dexenthes: That's how I always felt, figuring it was outside my ability. It's suuuper easy as long as you have a DSLR that has a port for a remote shutter release. You don't need to buy a $200 intervalometer, you can just use a TI-83+ if you have one: Instructables. If you can, I encourage you to try it - it's a lot of fun.

many point and shoots also have time lapse built in, explore your camera :) (i say this because i only recently discovered the very same feature on my own point n shoot. embarrassing, i know hehe)

Back