What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filiformis Hybrida flower

tommyr

Gardening freak!
My first Filiformus Intermedia Hybrida.

FiliformisHybrida2011.jpg

Great job! What does the plant look like and would they propagate by leaf cuttings?

Last edited:
Great job! What does the plant look like and would they prpoagate by leaf cuttings?

Thanks Jim. The plant leaves are green and top out at about 4 inches. I'll take some photos. Seems very easy to start from leaves, I have one that "took" recently from a leaf. I started 2 more today so we'll see how they do.

Is that the same thing as something called D. hybrida? I used to have that one. I got it through a fridge dormnacy alriight, only to lose it, along with others, when a very high wind knocked a couple planters off the porch, onto the ground.

Is that the same thing as something called D. hybrida? I used to have that one. I got it through a fridge dormnacy alriight, only to lose it, along with others, when a very high wind knocked a couple planters off the porch, onto the ground.

Full name is D. filiformis x intermedia - Hybrida. I got it from Sarracenia NW. Here's a quick photo I just took.

Filiformis_b2011.jpg

This is what I had within the past couple years:

Picture035-7.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Please keep me in mind for a cutting someday...

Looks basically the same as mine!

very nice plant

Well it does help to use the scientific name properly so people know what you're talking about :).

There is some interesting discussion on the ICPS listserv as to whether or not the plants of this hybrid from Butterfly Valley, CA are fertile or not or exotic "introduced" or not.

Yes, and as usual, I am a wimp and see both sides of the story.
What's your take, N a N?

Back