What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

capensis "alba" macros

Brie

Sarracenia freak
So I tried my best to get some good macros of my cape 'alba'.. Its totally clear dew and tentacle bits make it super hard to focus on.. but I think i got a few that are passable..

In the shade..
6098573104_316cf82bf7_o.jpg

In full sun
6098591962_c2bd7cb7df_o.jpg

6098057573_a44a09e438_o.jpg

Compared to my (now identified) "Broadleaf" cape
6098010377_45d64d231a_o.jpg

Beautiful!

Mmmhmmm...

The look in the sun is amazing

Cool ones Brie! I have like 15 seeds of those that i could plant but i dont know how to. Do you have any guides you could send me?

WOWZER I wish my camera could make crazy awesome pics like that! And that Broadleaf is fierce. Nice work.

WOWZER I wish my camera could make crazy awesome pics like that! And that Broadleaf is fierce. Nice work.

Yeah that broadleaf is huge. Check out the cranefly it cought for size reference. It needs repotted in a bad way. lol. Still in the original pot I bought it in, last year. Big thick roots are starting to come out the bottom. :0o: So yeah, repot time. Then it'll REALLY explode.

what kind of camera you use brie

what kind of camera you use brie

Canon T1i, these were shot with my Tamron 90mm macro. I REAAALLLY want a Canon 100mm and 60mm.

I have to get a dslr only have a poit and shot and it will not focus that close,for my old pentex spotmatic I have a 500mm mirror lens that will macro ,also bellows but lighting is a bi ch with it ,but it can make a grain of sand fill the whole picture,but its hard to get quality film around herr and developing is mailorder only now

Back