What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera of the Month: September 2011

DROSERA OF THE MONTH CONTEST September 2011

FIRST CONTEST BEGINS TODAY!

Please read the rules carefully..

Rules of Entry:
1. Only ONE (1) Drosera species per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified.
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants. No wild droseras may be entered.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 09/30/11
6. Clumps of a particular drosera species are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single species cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular species entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo. Seedlings/Pygmys less than 6 months old are allowed, as long as said entry has been germinated and grown by person submitting them.
9. Any plant(s) that have finished in the top 3 may not be reentered again for the following 90 days.
10. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
11. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 10/01/11, closing 10/07/11 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (according to "proportional representation") will be considered "Winners" and the top 3 places will be posted in the 'Hall of Fame" sub-board.
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!

Contest will be closed on Sept. 30th at 5:00PM EST
Good luck!!

Last edited:
Hey thanks. I love sundews.. and tuberous season is about to begin. So I thought it'd be a good idea to get something like this going.

Oooo.
I like this idea. :spider:
Ditto. ^.^

EDIT: One question regarding rule #8. What if the plant isn't 6 months old yet? As we all know, most dews grow quite a bit faster than Nepenthes, for example, and, from seed or gemmae, many are mature before 6 months of age. So, what if the MOTHER plant has been grown by the owner for at least 6 months? And the posted plant(s) have been grown their entire lives by the owner, though that not yet being 6 months? ;p

I'll edit rule #8. If seed grown by owner, entry is allowed at any age.

I like this very much! I shall enter soon enough...

Is the competition to be judged on the quality of the plant, the rarity of the plant, the quality of the photo, or all of the above?

D. prolifera uhm... proliferating :p

IMG_20110902_170101.jpg

That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for! How much for that whole tray shipped?

Sorry buddy, that's my propagation tray. Babies get pulled from it to grow up, but the main plants stay here to proliferate. Why not get one or two and let them do their thing like this? Anyway, off topic :X my pic is the best in this whole contest!!! hehehe :-))

Andy wins by default! :)

Can you enter old pics?

Ok, so... what about pygmies? Does the 6 month rule count?

:drool: In what conditions do you keep that in, Kula? Mine only keeps one leaf at time in the low humidity I have it in, and won't get very large at all.

Great shot, Mach!!!

How often do you feed yours, Devon?
Mine only keeps 3-4 small leaves on it unless i feed every leaf. Then it takes off.

Back