What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dew Line

Cool hairy scape on the D. tomentosa, RL. 'Looks healthy to me. I just planted some seed of that species for the first time so now I know what I, hopefully, have to look forward to.

A deep pot test is a great idea, NaN. I'm guessing you have the same species in shallow and deep pots, correct? No doubt most of us here have ideas on the subject but some actual comparative data would be a good thing.

I didnt think it was possible for spatulatas to flower at only 2 months of age (seed grown)
Even if it is only a tiny flower stalk with two buds.

The plants about .8 inches accross and I got the seeda from sundewman (thanks :D) labeled, "drosera spatulata var. Fraser island"

2A3EA50E.jpg

Last edited:
I didnt think it was possible for spatulatas to flower at only 2 months of age (seed grown)
Even if it is only a tiny flower stalk with two buds.

My Frasers from a different source flower an obscene amount! I'm not surprised they start so early. It's like they are planning for disaster! ha ha Nicely grown tho!

carbarup
8154481624_d6471caf9e_c.jpg

Stunning as usual sir! Well done.

Need to get some pics of the graomogolensis army up here.

Thanks, Peat! I'll get some pics of my graoms up in a month or so. I just fed them and they're looking a little green. I look forward to seeing how yours are doing!

NaN, your tubers are really healthy looking. :0o:

D. Burmannii "Giant red form"
2d846k5.jpg

Alloploid D. × beleziana seedlings (fertile)
IMGP8529copy.jpg

presumed hybrid D. ultramafica × spatulata flower
IMGP8409.jpg

Flowers have not opened for me. This is a trait of white flowered D. spatulata however it could be because the plant isn't quite mature. It was deflasked from tissue culture just before summer. Flower stalk is more characteristic of D. ultramafica (sparse hairs at base, rest of stalk not covered with glands).

I can't wait to see those belezianas grow up. I'd do anything to get some seeds of those.

Here is an update on my hybrid, Drosera x [anglica "CA x HI" x "Lantau Island"]

8177706414_b8ef8d092b_c.jpg

8177739166_292a88b0e1_c.jpg

now that's an amazing hybrid

Here's the follow-up to my earlier pic of the D. tomentosa stalk:
Dtomentosaflower112412RS.jpg

pollinate. pollinate. pollinate. :love:

pollinate. pollinate. pollinate. :love:
I did. When I notice this or the D. roraimae open, I try to help spread the pollen around to get better seed set - then they go to the SB. In the upcoming batch, I'll be sending seeds of:

- D. anglica, Alakai Swamp, Kauai, HI,
- D. roraimae, southeast ridge of Cerro Adaua,
- D. x beleziana (intermedia*rotundifolia), tetraploid (aka: fertile)
- D. tomentosa (hopefully)

I don't horde them ... :grin:

Gah, I hope the rorimae seeds make it into the public bank... Actually, all of those would be cool. :p

Nice work Ron.. Über generosity once again.

That is one nice clear, crisp photo!

Nice, been looking to replace my Cerro Adua population that expired.

D. rorimae is terrible for me. It makes me incredibly angry, and yet I love it so much. Like a self destructive cycle...

then they pop up in the section for seed donors :)

Back