What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dew Line

very nice
I see a few beetles or something they have been catching

very nice
I see a few beetles or something they have been catching

The terrarium light attracts quite a few insects and there is always something being devoured in there.

Winter Growers and others awakened

Drosera cistiflora
IMGP9912_zpsub0pb6g5.jpg

D. trinervia
IMGP9925_zps95grgosp.jpg

D. hookeri
IMGP9918_zpsoxhuuonn.jpg

D. 'Portland Sunrise'
IMGP9914_zpsue3vjmwy.jpg

D. dichrosepala These still have gemmae on them and putting up flowers already.
IMGP9922_zps6yzxruxn.jpg

IMGP9919_zpsjjaneozr.jpg

Last edited:
Not a Number - those D. cistiflora certainly look robust. They seem to promise excellent flowers. 'Glad to see that 'Portland Sunrise' is doing well for you. 'Really a very nice cultivar.

Last edited:
The cistiflora look really robust! Have they begun forming stems yet? I can't tell from the angle the picture was taken from.

Dr. Frankensnyder's Monster. This one has not gone dormant for two winters so far.
IMGP9959_zpsyu7p7mnz.jpg

IMGP9954_zpslglzmjzn.jpg

Not a Number - those D. cistiflora certainly look robust. The seem to promise excellent flowers. 'Glad to see that 'Portland Sunrise' is doing well for you. 'Really a very nice cultivar.

Yes, very nice. None of the start and stop growth coming out of dormancy that every other D. filiformis does for me. Not a trace of the white fuzz that is my usual bane of D. filiformis.

The cistiflora look really robust! Have they begun forming stems yet? I can't tell from the angle the picture was taken from.

Just stating to switch over to stem growth.

My "Frankensnyder" plants have gone dormant both years I've had them, interesting yours hasn't....it seems to be a vigorous group though.

Out of the pot of maybe 8 plants this one did not go dormant. I repotted it to keep it separate. Unfortunately I lost the other plants. I still have seed to try again.

Set up a timelapse on one of my Drosera intermedia "Cuba" - that's Utricularia fulva you see all but engulfing it.

The result, after around 16 and a half hours:

Very cool, Kevin!

Drosera hamiltonii on a good day
DSC_0717.jpg

Drosera admirabilis
DSC_0718.jpg

Drosera madagascariensis
DSC_0720.jpg

Drosera latifolia recovering
DSC_0664.jpg

Drosera platystigma "A"
pSTlsN8.jpg