What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mysterious hitchhiking

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
Just last week I realized that I had some D. binata sprouting up in my P. moctezumae pot. Weird thing is that 1) I completely repotted the pings about a month ago and 2) they haven't even been near the binata for almost 6 months now (separate tanks and now separate shelves) and 3) I've NEVER seen my binata form a flower, not even a stalk.

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

The more the merrier I guess...:crazy:

Weird. :0o:

Maybe the peat had some binata roots in it or something?? I dunno... just, weird...

The only thing I can think of now is that maybe, MAYBE I got some root cuttings that I was going to try mixed into the peat I repotted with but if my memory serves me they were repotted well before then...

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

And this is also on top of having D. indica seedlings pop up in my original D. binata pot after reusing the pot I had those seeds in...quite a few months later...it's an endless cycle of hitchhiking!

Looks like you have a D. binata.

I knew that ;)

I'm just baffled at how they got there...

Back