What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera Indica Questions

ErrorEN

Your Real Mom
So a while back I received some seeds from a generous member on this forum. :D So my questions are:
1) When should I sow them?
2) What soil mix should I use?

Thanks a lot guys for your help. :D I'll keep you updated when I sow them. (If the time is right...)

~Eric_N

You should sow them in late winter (you'll probably grow them outside)

You should use a mix that is heavy on the sand. 60:40 sand:peat or so

You should keep them wet until they germinate, and then keep them progressively drier as they grow up.

Here is a video about D. indica. These are my plants.

I hope that helped!

Basically what SDCPs said...although I think the first time around I was too impatient with the seeds and gave up only to have them pop up in my binata pot this summer. I don't know if I reused soil or a pot or what but I sowed seeds over last winter :scratch:

This will be usefull for me to. I haven't had much success with the species yet.

Feed early and often!

Got the same batch of seeds as you did. I planted it right away and they have already sprouted. I have transplanted some of them to bigger pots because the original pot was getting slimey from algae. I have been feeding them and they have got noticeably larger.

I wish I had read up on them before planting my seeds. Not sure if they will spout. Used straight peat like I have always done. Try try again.

They'll grow and thrive in pure silica sand. Germinate like any Drosera, very moist. Grow 'em like Byblis - drier conditions. With any annual/biennial - feed early and often.

Back