What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biblis from Perth

On our way to the the cephs site some 5 hours driving from Perth , we stopped off at a site where Biblis , gigantea and drosera were in a Perth suburb ,was good to see and this will not be built on either great news
J
P1120175.jpg

P1120176.jpg

P1120178.jpg

P1120183.jpg

P1120206.jpg

P1120207.jpg

P1120215.jpg

as sandy as it seems in pics?

Gneiss!

Those are crazy sized plants! I need to make my way over there soon.

Beautiful! If I was going to grow Byblis, B. gigantea would be the one. Do they dry out completely in the summer or does the sand remain somewhat damp below the surface? Is this species even available in the hobby?

Beautiful! If I was going to grow Byblis, B. gigantea would be the one. Do they dry out completely in the summer or does the sand remain somewhat damp below the surface? Is this species even available in the hobby?

The guy who showed us this site said that this area drys completely , but it should still have some underground moisture as its a natural soak area , the giganta and drosera would die off i would think , but not sure about the byblis , would need to confirm that with some one from that area
J

Back