What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum rising...

Hi Maxima,

That's a good idea to experiment as you are doing.

Hopefully you'll be able to find a best case scenario and an optimal range for growing Drosophyllum in your conditions.

Are you experimenting with your media mix too or are you sticking with just one media formulation?

dvg

Hey dvg,

You guys have a wonderful mix, I haven't even heard half of that stuff you're using. I envy you.
Unfortunately my options for media are very limited over here; basically I am alternating between perlite, peat and vermiculite; playing with the ratios and combinations. I could find sand but a few of my plants died/stopped growing because of it, so I don't trust it and use it anymore.

Maxima, you should be able to find a happy medium with the ingredients you have available to you there.

Another update on my two dewy pine seedlings.

Here is a pic of the Portuguese seedling currently pushing up it's seventh leaf,

IMG_1888-Drosophyllum-lusitanicum-Portugal.jpg

with its Spanish counterpart also working on it seventh leaf.

IMG_1917-Drosophyllum-lusitanicum-Spain.jpg

Both seedlings are still in 3" peat pots and are lightly bottom watered each day.

dvg

Looking great dvg! It's a good idea to tag plants, I have spanish and portugese seedlings mixed with no way to tell them apart anymore...I should open up a thread for myself one of these days, I keep invading you guys'.

Can you smell the sickly sweet honey yet ? Mine have a strong scent right now.

they are growing well,good job dvg

Back