What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thread dedicated to King Regia

• Thread starter Rob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    regia
Big Easy was the easy one to obtain for awhile. Typical is the one that's tough to find.

I think it's the other way around... I've seen many vendors with typical but I've not seen any with Big Easy for sale. Had to do a lot of searching for Big Easy!

Big Easy is a lie. Some people who are known on the internet just suck at growing it, so they publish articles.

Great pictures from everyone!
Nice flowers Jesse, how old is your plant?

IMG_20111204_150511.jpg

These are under flourescents, fertilized once/twice a month with liquid aquarium fertilizer for the winter.

IMG_20111125_112807_1024x768.jpg

These are in an unheated area with a south facing window and receives no special care.

Ah, I love the plants! I have a few seeds that should be sowed soon. Any tips?

My biggest challenge was with fungus killing the seedlings. What finally worked was sowing the seeds in ground lfs over whole lfs and letting them get past the delicate stage while growing in it. I had lots of springtails so feeding wasn't an issue.

- Mark

Good god oen.. what kind of humidity are they getting in that window?

Wow and here I thought no one had these guys. No one pipes up when asked in the trade forum. I would love to get another of these. I miss the one I had.

i'm gonna have a ton to distribute soon ..

Nice flowers Jesse, how old is your plant?

Thanks!
I don't know the age as I purchased my D. regia as a "used plant".
I was promised the plant to be "flowering size" - and this was true.
Maximum leaf length of my plant was slightly above 10" / 25 cm while the plant was flowering.

These are in an unheated area with a south facing window and receives no special care.

Nice collection of D. regia!
I think that D. regia needs (besides a mature plant) cool temperatures before flowering, they tend to develop only leaves and never flower when always kept warm.

BTW: Don't panic after flowering: D. regia tends to die back with black leaves after flowering. Then the plant divides and regrows with two growing points from the roots where the plant had only one growing point before flowering.

Back