What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. aliciae problem

My first guess is root rot, or it's going into some sort of dormancy bud. I'm not worried about it, because I have a feeling it will sprout more plants form the base, even if it is root rot. Plus, I can always take last minute leaf cuttings..

What do you think? the other one next to it is fine, as you can see.
6650309875_141d533407_b.jpg

Thanks!

Are you sure it didnt dry out? It looks like ALL of the leaves are dying... I've never experienced root rot myself so I couldn't speak on that matter, but either way I would take a pulling or two from the other plant and keep them seperate just incase..

Are you sure it didnt dry out? It looks like ALL of the leaves are dying... I've never experienced root rot myself so I couldn't speak on that matter, but either way I would take a pulling or two from the other plant and keep them seperate just incase..
I have never let my plants dry out. :p If it did, I'm sure I would see bad things amongst my other plants too.

I never do either now that they are in tray's, but before that when I wouldnt have to water all of them at the same time, some would dry out between the time I watered the others and their next check up and i almost lost a couple vfts and dews but nothing ever came of it.

My plant does this when i overwater it.

I've seen the same thing, only to sprout from the base and then continue from the "mother" plant...???

I have no idea what started it though. I thought the main plant was done for but I came back yesterday after three weeks of no observance and every individual plant looked like it was continuously growing.

Water from overhead and eventually the new leaves come in green.

Thanks for the help guys. i'll top water it ever few days, and once I get new sand I will re-pot it into a more sandy mix. The mix I'm using now, as you can see, it much to peaty.

What jimscott said.

Dribble slightly lukewarm water on affected parts. The coating rinses of easily enough with lukewarm water. Repeat as needed. Without the coating the leaves grow normally. Then just flush your media with top watering. Discard the runoff. This is only a temporary problem that varies depending on your batch of peat moss and how well you rinsed it. It eventually clears up as the compounds responsible get flushed out of the medium.

Back