What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drosera hilaris success....

seeds were received around this time last year. i had figured that the growing season was past, so i stuck them in the fridge for safe keeping. around may/june- i took the seeds out of the fridge and placed them on a sunny windowsill during the summer. once when late october arrived, i sowed the seeds in their appropriate media. looks like the long heat stratification worked wonders, and successful germination occurred.

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

sweet! congrats!

We're not worthy!

@kirby: you're so punny. :awesome:

and thanks everyone for the kind comments. hope to make this plant more common in cultivation. :)

Woot woot! Congrats!

Most excellent, Amp! Please keep us updated as to their development? Lots of red on those seedlings!

Adorable!

Nice!! They have a wonderful color and vigor to them.

growing slowly but surely. they're beginning to develop those characteristic hilaris strapped leaves.
_MG_4201.png

I have some hilaris seeds now and on Machs recommendation, will be using this same method to try and germinate mine. 2 Questions. 1. How did you keep them during stratification ? 2. What media are you using ?

1) during the stratification, i kept them in their envelope. placed them on a sunny windowsill and forgot about them until the end of october.

2) they were sowed in 1:1 mix of peat and large sized sand.

Very nice! Congrats on germination!! It's good to see the less common dews in circulation.

Congrats! There looking great!

Congrats on the success and thanks for the new update!
They look really good and appear very happy! :)

Back