What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera glanduligera ???

Props and thanks to Paladin69 he sent these in the mail all the way from Australia, for free :).

However I've been looking up their care it seems quite intense, as a winter grower is it too late to start growing them? The lowest temperature I can possibly manage in the hot summer months is 70 degrees, with a slight nightime temperature drop? Also how do I scarify such a tiny seed? And I'm also confused, do they want a hot stratify or cold stratify?

Thanks in advance.

It's mid-ish winter where I live, they will grow fast enough to flower before summer starts? Or are you saying to leave them potted outside and they will germinate next winter?

Interesting, I've yet to come across a species that will just germinate outside without humidity + or anything. Sounds like a fun experiment, I hope they grow well :D.

Yeh I have the same questions lol I know its a hot strat but how is that possible? Is it to try and grow them. I can't follow the put them outside technique cause its beeen neg temps for about a month now but my garage stays about 60 65f so would I be able to start them there?

Back