What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few drosera from gemmae

Guess I wasn't too clear in my captioning. They all are 2 month old plants. The gemmae date is the date I potted them up (keep wanting to say sowed, but you don't really sow them - more like PLACE :-D:-D) and the date on the next photo is the date the picture was taken (within 1 or 2 days). Mine are receiving 10 hrs light 3" below 1 full spectrum & 1 warm white fluorescent bulbs with temps around 74F and 45 - 60% RH.

I assume this is abnormal behavior - not sure why it's happening, not all in a pot are doing this.

At present there are 5 different types in spike the names & numbers in each 4" pot are listed below:

nitidiula 2 of 12
leucostigma 8 of 21
occidentalis 6 of 18
occidentalis australis Warriup 5 of 17
sargenti 1 of 20
occidentalis australis Warriup 10 of 17

the potting media in all is 60-40 peat-sand.

Other gemmae from the same batches potted at the same time are in sand and 40-60 peat-sand have not shown the same growth pattern under the same growing conditions. The ones in pure sand are growing the slowest.

The leucostigmas in the 2-12-12 post are the ones just above the "Just emerging" caption in the 2-1-12 post. There are only 12 days between the two photos.

Back