What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need ID Help

May I ask if anybody recognizes this climbing drosera? It came as a stow-away in one of my orders and I dont know what it is:

climbing1.jpg

climbing2.jpg

I would guess Drosera peltata

Drosera auriculata. Nice drosera, i wish mine was like that, but it is instead pretty small. I have whitakkeri, macrantha, auriculata that germinate in november, they are pretty small. :( but can't wait for them to grow big. :)

Thanks for the identification, I don't know which of the two it is although I think both are from the tuberous drosera group. This means that they like to take a rest during the summer and they grow in the winter and keep them cool?

Tuberous droseras are the type of droseras that they need to be kept dry in the summer, and it goes dormant. the tubers it forms will survive is kept properly, and then they awake by the beginning of the cold but mainly rainy season,this plants are temperate as far as they will grow in winter but will go dormant in summer.

Sorry for the very noob question: If you dont give them a dormancy do they eventually die like how VFTS and sarracenia without dormancy do?

I have heard that peltata will survive if you keep it wet but go into dormancy anyways. Worth a try if you got the plant for free...

Back