What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Bump on D. regia?

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
  • Tags
    regia

mato

BANNED
Hey everyone,

Just noticed this red bump growing at the base of my D. regia, today. No clue what it is ???, so hopefully somebody here can enlighten me. There's a plantlet growing on the other side of the plant, in case that has anything to do with it.

IMG_4009.jpg

Thanks,

Mat

may be an aborted side shoot.. ???

Maybe a root? It looks like a pimple lol.

Adventitious roots in D. capensis stems kinda look like that when they start out. My vote is root!

I've seen this on D.capensis...it's an attempt at making a root....had it been covered, that's what it would have turned into.

Hmm.. interesting. Maybe it's the plant's way of saying, "repot me?"

Looks like a root to me. :D

Yeah I've seen this happen on my orchids from time to time. Most likely a root

Probably a root. Clone R1 in particular seems to be prone to doing this. The plant often divides after doing this.

Interesting,

I had something like this happen on my seedgrown regia, I guess it was a root.

so it doesnt sound like its a root or anything

It looks like the "carrot-walking habit" thing to me. Sends out "legs"

Just in case you didn't get the message... IT'S A ROOT!

Thanks, everyone. After a careful and very tedious process of elimination, I've decided it might just be a root.

Or it might actually be something else...

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OaTO8_KNcuo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hahaha! What a classic quote!

Back