What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some drosera pics..

I guess the only question I have regarding the Albion Bog would be.. WHY IN THE WORLD would people want to introduce non-native species there?!?!?! I'm sure it's all well before my time here, but I can see how it became "controversial activity" over the years.

I guess the only question I have regarding the Albion Bog would be.. WHY IN THE WORLD would people want to introduce non-native species there?!?!?! I'm sure it's all well before my time here, but I can see how it became "controversial activity" over the years.

The only reason I know of is that people want to see that species in the wild, so they plant it close by. It happens all over the place.

I just looked up the Egyptian Mau breed, and I think I found my new future pet.

The only reason I know of is that people want to see that species in the wild, so they plant it close by. It happens all over the place.

I just looked up the Egyptian Mau breed, and I think I found my new future pet.

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Take a trip to Africa if you want to see African plants in the wild. :crazy:

Awesome breed. You won't be disappointed. We really want to get a Bengal now..

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Take a trip to Africa if you want to see African plants in the wild. :crazy:.

Actually, I agree with Graham (wireman). If I lived near a place that might be suitable for CP's, yet had none, I would totally have the urge to plant some things there and see how they did. Not everyone can travel to Africa :p
That being said I have a strong environmental ethic, and WOULD NOT plant them if they don't belong there (just making that clear).
But that's why there are flytraps in Florida and northern California, etc. It is a widespread sentiment, and unfortunately not everyone has the sense that it is the wrong thing to do.
... Or, were you being sarcastic? Hard to tell sometimes :)

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Oh, and I love the plants and pics by the way. Great, as always :) . I really like the D. menziesii. Cool leaf shape and nice color. I have some peltata seedlings and can't wait for them to start forming stems.
How far do you have them from the lights? ...That's one thing that has always make me a bit curous when looking at your collection; it seems the lights are sometimes pretty high above the plants, but the plants are obviously doing well.

Thanks guys. I wasn't terribly impressed with the quality of these pics. But a few of them sure did look cool regardless.

What? Your pics make me embarrassed to post any of mine :lol:

Beautiful dews and I especially like that cat.

From the macro view D. macrophylla really reminds me of schizandra. 'Nice shots and something about the color on them is especially appealing. 'Awesome-looking cat.

Thank you for the compliments.. but yeah, pretty shoddy pics IMO. I'm my own worst critic..

richjam1986: No sarcasm.. tis' how I feel. I can't afford a trip to Africa either. Know what that means to me? Means I don't get to see African CP's in the wild. Easy as that..

Excellent photos! And Kitty!

Just some more drosera pics..

Repotted the binata variants.

IMG_0603.jpg

D. macrophylla starting to open it's flowers..

IMG_0612.jpg

D. macrophylla ssp. monantha starting to do the same..

IMG_0613.jpg

D. erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa (Albany Hwy) loving the extra light I've been give the tuberous dews. Coloring up quite nicely IMO..

IMG_0619.jpg

D. capensis 'Giant' looking good, and starting to put out a flower stalk.

IMG_0620.jpg

D. capensis 'Bain's Kloof' in front, and D. capensis 'Bain's Rocket' in the back.

IMG_0621.jpg

SQUAAAMOOOSSAAA!!!!! It is coloring up very nicely!

SQUAAAMOOOSSAAA!!!!! It is coloring up very nicely!

I know, right. I keep getting drool in it's pot.. I thought it was worthy of an update. ;)

Squamosa never gets old my friend.. Always worth an update!

That squamosa is the "Bomb" Mass! Very nice! I've got a Sarr with your name on it whenever you want to trade one away! :)

Back